“The definition of terms is the beginning of wisdom.” Socrates
Health is not a result.
Health does not begin with food or exercise. We have been tinkering with what we eat, how we eat, when we eat, why we eat and how much we eat for decades.
What are the results?
88% of Americans suffer from some form of diet-related sickness and disease from inflammation, cancer, heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, autoimmune diseases and diabetes.
We have sabotaged our body’s natural abilities to prevent, fight and treat diet-related disease and sickness.
Diet-related disease and sickness are the top killers in our country and they have made us most susceptible to serious, if not fatal complications from the Coronavirus.
Diets are calorie deficient formulas that we use for weight loss and to manipulate our bodies, believing that manipulating calories in already nutrient deficient bodies (aka sick bodies) will result in “health.”
Calorie manipulation is about the dumbest thing we can do right now to strengthen our bodies natural ability to prevent, fight and treat diet-related disease and sickness- and give ourselves a fighting chance to prevent, treat and recover from the Coronavirus.
The smartest thing that you can do right now to strengthen your health is fill your spirits, hearts, minds and bodies with as much nutrients as humanly possible. By focusing all our attention to nourish our whole person the way we are designed, we can stop our insanity with food, we can stop feeding a lie and we can receive and give the gift of food, the gift of truth and the gift of love.
After working with hundreds of clients over the last 20 years and trying as my best to be “healthy”, I have come to realize that health does not start with food but with truth, and with knowing who we are and how we are naturally designed to be healthy, whole, holy and human. I believe these are foundational truths that are applicable to all human beings.
Health Truths from DeeAnn Dean
1. Humans are designed to be healthy.
2. Health is not a result, it is who we are.
3. To be healthy is to be whole, holy and human.
4. We are all naturally designed to Practice The Basics to strengthen our health.
5. To Practice The Basics is to Breathe, Listen, Ask, Look and Move to Remember, Encourage, Inspire, Nourish and Help.
6. We are designed to practice the basics in relationships because relationships are the way we receive and give life’s gifts.
7. Food and exercise are gifts that help us to remember that we are gifts.
8. Our health is made up of our spirits, hearts, minds, bodies and relationships.
9. Our health requires presence, posture, position, purpose and practice.
10. Our health is interrelated, interconnected and interdependent on each other.
11. Health starts with the truth “I am healthy.”
12. The reason why we Practice The Basics is because we love ourselves.