Excerpt from Let Food Be Thy Gift
Your health affects my health
Your health doesn’t just affect you, it affects your family, your friends, your neighbor, your community and your world.
We are in health crisis because healthcare is
1) not about healthcare, it’s about money
2) medically trained experts focus on treating disease and sickness not preventing it
3) self-proclaimed health “experts” are clearly in the business of making money and have no idea how we are not designed to use diets, formulas or programs to control our spirits, hearts, minds and bodies
4) we don’t take responsibility for own health
5) we had rather be spoon fed crumbs that justify the ways we deny truth and we refuse to love and care for ourselves.
For generations, we have been encouraged to consume and we have consumed without any thought to the impact to ourselves or others, We have learned to joke about our health and distract ourselves from the number one way we are destroying ourselves and our communities. I am hear to tell you that your health is not a joke. Your life matters. We all need you. Your family needs you. Your world needs you and you need you to give your body what it needs to do as it’s designed to prevent, treat and reverse disease and sickness.
Together we can do this. Together we can practice health and practice the ways that we, as human beings, are naturally designed to breathe, listen, ask, look and move to nourish our spirits, hearts, minds, bodies and relationships. We (human beings) are interdependent, interrelated and interconnected. My health is reflected and determined not only by my neighbors health, but the health of my community and world. I need you, you need me and we need each other. We need community. We need the world and the world needs us. We are all connected to each other, affected by one another and reflected in each other.
We cannot deny these Truths any longer.